Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection
Annual Canvass of the Register of Electors
The electoral canvass takes place every year. It is used to ensure that the data we have on the register of electors is accurate and up to date.
Starting in early August, Castle Point Borough Council's Electoral Services team will deliver a Canvass Communication letter or Canvass Communication form to residents at a property, asking residents to confirm who is currently living in the property and who is eligible to vote.
This year’s work to update the electoral register is taking place as we face ongoing public health challenges. Please follow the steps we’ve sent so that updates can be carried out effectively and safely. Please respond to messages promptly to minimise the need for reminders to confirm details.
If you receive a canvass communication form to your property that requires a response and we do not receive a reply, a reminder form will be sent.
Email - If you receive an email from Castle Point Borough Council's Electoral Services team, you must follow the instructions included and submit a response. If you do not respond to the email, a reminder form will be sent.
Telephone Contact - If we require a response from the reminder form delivered to your property and do not receive a reply and you have previously provided us with a telephone number an electoral services team member will contact you to complete the canvass by telephone.
If the details shown on your Canvass Communication Form are up to date:
If we have requested a response from your property and all the details shown on your Canvass communication form are correct and up to date then all you have to do is to confirm this by any of the following methods:
- Online: Submit your confirmation online at www.householdresponse.com/castlepoint
- By Freephone: Call the Freephone number 0800 197 9871 and follow the instructions
- By phone text message: Text NOCHANGE followed by the security code on your Canvass Communication Form to 80212
- By post: Complete the form and send it back to us
Once you have confirmed that the details shown on your Canvass Communication Form are correct and up to date, we won't write to you again until next year's canvass.
If the details shown on your Canvass Communication Form are NOT up to date:
If the details shown on your Canvass Communication Form are incorrect or out of date then all you have to do is send us the correct up to date details by any of the following methods:
- Online: Submit the correct information online at www.householdresponse.com/castlepoint
- By post: Complete the form with the correct information and send it back to us. (If anyone has moved out of the property but their details are still on the form, please cross out their name before sending the form back to us).
Once you have submitted the correct information, we won't write to you again until next year's canvass.
The canvass communication form is NOT a registration form. If you add any new people they will also need to complete a registration application.
They can do this at www.gov.uk/registertovote. We will send each person an invitation to register form by post if they do not apply online.
Further information and enquiries
- For further information and enquiries please contact the Electoral Services Team – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01268 882200.