Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Business Rates for 2016/2017
For 2016/2017 there are two multipliers. A standard multiplier of 0.497p, applied to properties with a rateable value of £18,000 or above and a small business multiplier of 0.484p, applied to qualifying properties with a rateable value below £18,000.
So, if your rateable value is £10,000, and you do not qualify for small business rate relief the Council will multiply this by 0.484p and your bill for the year will be £4,840.
However, your bill may be adjusted through the transitional adjustments scheme, and you may also qualify for small business rate relief. Please go to the sections on Transitional Relief and Small Business Rate Relief for further information.
Your Business Rates bill tells you the total due, when payments should be made and how much each payment should be.
Below are the leaflets that form part of your annual business rates bill, please click on the link to download and view the leaflet.
- Business Rate Information for 2016-17.pdf [pdf] 114KB
- Financial Information 2016-2017.pdf [pdf] 21KB
For the financial information relating to the other authorities please click on the following links: