Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Community Infrastructure Levy
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Regulations enable local authorities to set a levy on new developments which is used to pay for community infrastructure such as roads, schools, parks and community halls.
The Council was working on setting a levy for Castle Point alongside the preparation of the New Local Plan in 2016. Since work on the Plan stalled, work to establish a CIL has also ceased until a new plan can be brought forward.
The Community Infrastructure Levy will comprise of a charging schedule - how much different types of development will be expected to pay per square metre. It will also comprise of an infrastructure schedule - what the levy collected will be spent on. The charging schedule will be subject to independent examination before adoption to ensure that it is reasonable.
Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule
The Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule was the subject of consultation from the 24th January until 28th March 2014. The Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule was prepared using evidence on viability emerging from the Draft New Local Plan Whole Plan Viability Assessment Phase 1 Report.
- Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule.pdf [pdf] 12MB
- Draft New Local Plan Whole Plan Viability Assessment Phase 1 Report.pdf [pdf] 3MB
If you would like to be kept informed of the Council's progress in preparing the Community Infrastructure Levy, please email email@example.com