LEADER OF CASTLE POINT BOROUGH COUNCIL
The Leader of the Council is elected every year at the Annual Meeting of Council which normally takes place in May. The Leader is usually the group leader of the majority political party.
The Leader of Castle Point Borough Council (2018-19) is:
Cllr Norman Smith (Leader)
- Party: Conservative
- Ward: Boyce
- Telephone: 01268 756793
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 193 Vicarage Hill, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 1PF
Responsibilities – Chairman of Cabinet
- Strategic Policy including Corporate Plan – council vision- values and Priorities
- Strategic Partnerships
- Chairman of the Local Strategic Partnership
- Chairman of the Castle Point Regeneration Partnership
- Liaison with Central and Regional government departments and organisations
- Lead on Strategic Partnerships with other Authorities
- Strategic Asset Management
- Strategic Housing Policy
- Strategic Planning Policy
- Lead Member on Association of South East Local Authorities (ASELA)
- Lead Member on Sustainability
- Lead Member on Communication
- Liaison with Cabinet Members, Committee Chairman and other Members.
The Leader is supported in his role by the Deputy Leader, Cllr Jeffrey Stanley.