Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Council Tax Form for a Full Time Student Discount
To claim Council Tax discount of 25% for a person who is a student, ( and where there is only one other adult resident in the property who is not disregarded ), please complete section A of this form and return to the above address.
Where a property is occupied solely by a student, or a spouse is a non-student and not a British citizen and that person is prevented from working or claiming benefits, the property may be exempt from payment of Council Tax. If you feel this exemption may apply please complete section B as well.
Notes for Guidance
A person is to be regarded as undertaking a full time course of education on a particular day, if he or she is on that day enrolled for the purpose of attending such a course with a prescribed educational establishment.
A full-time course of education is one which:
- subsists for at least 1 academic year;
- requires attendance for at least 24 weeks in each year; and
- requires study, tuition or work experience for an average of 21 hours a week.
A prescribed educational establishment is defined as:
- a university
- a theological college
- any other institution established for providing courses of further or higher education.
For more information please see https://www.castlepoint.gov.uk/discounts-and-disregards
You are here: Page 1 of 3