Christmas and new Year closure
The Council offices will be closed from 4.45pm Friday 21 December 2018 and will re-open at 8.45am on Wednesday 2nd January 2019.
Emergency calls may be made throughout the holiday period on 01268 758357
Castle Point Borough Council wishes all its residents a Merry Christmas and good wishes for the forthcoming year.
Updated: 5 December 2018
Council Tax Discount Application for a School Leaver under 20
To claim Council Tax discount for a person who is a school leaver under the age of 20, and has left education on or after 1st May, please complete this application form and return to the above address. Details of the conditions relating to the discount are printed on the back of this form.
The disregard will apply until 31st October of that year
Notes of Guidance
The discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she is:
- under the age of 20; and
- has ceased to undertake a qualifying course of education after the 30th April and before 31st October
A qualifying course of education means a course:
- which subsists for at least 3 calendar months;
- involves at least 12 hours attendance per week;
- tuition is received otherwise than by correspondence;
- which is not undertaken in consequence of an office or employment held by that person;
- the relevant activities are undertaken between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:50 pm
- It is not a course of higher education
For more information please see https://www.castlepoint.gov.uk/discounts-and-disregards
You are here: Page 1 of 2