Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Council Tax Discount Application for a School Leaver under 20
To claim Council Tax discount for a person who is a school leaver under the age of 20, and has left education on or after 1st May, please complete this application form and return to the above address. Details of the conditions relating to the discount are printed on the back of this form.
The disregard will apply until 31st October of that year
Notes of Guidance
The discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she is:
- under the age of 20; and
- has ceased to undertake a qualifying course of education after the 30th April and before 31st October
A qualifying course of education means a course:
- which subsists for at least 3 calendar months;
- involves at least 12 hours attendance per week;
- tuition is received otherwise than by correspondence;
- which is not undertaken in consequence of an office or employment held by that person;
- the relevant activities are undertaken between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:50 pm
- It is not a course of higher education
For more information please see https://www.castlepoint.gov.uk/discounts-and-disregards
You are here: Page 1 of 2