Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Council Tax Discount Application for a School Leaver under 20
To claim Council Tax discount for a person who is a school leaver under the age of 20, and has left education on or after 1st May, please complete this application form and return to the above address. Details of the conditions relating to the discount are printed on the back of this form.
The disregard will apply until 31st October of that year
Notes of Guidance
The discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she is:
- under the age of 20; and
- has ceased to undertake a qualifying course of education after the 30th April and before 31st October
A qualifying course of education means a course:
- which subsists for at least 3 calendar months;
- involves at least 12 hours attendance per week;
- tuition is received otherwise than by correspondence;
- which is not undertaken in consequence of an office or employment held by that person;
- the relevant activities are undertaken between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:50 pm
- It is not a course of higher education
For more information please see https://www.castlepoint.gov.uk/discounts-and-disregards
You are here: Page 1 of 2