Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Council Tax Discount for Careworkers
Notes of guidance
The discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she is:
- engaged to provide care or support to another person(s); and
- that care is on behalf of a local authority, the crown or a charitable organisation; or
- introduced to that person by a local authority, the crown or a charitable organisation; and
- engaged or employed for at least 24 hours a week; and
- receiving not more than £44.00 a week wages; and
- resident in premises provided by the person being cared for, a local authority, the crown or a charitable organisation.
- providing care to a person in receipt of:
- higher rate attendance allowance; or
- highest rate of care component of Disability Living Allowance; or
- increased rate of disablement pension; or
- increased constant attendance allowance; and
- resident with the person receiving the care; and
- providing the care for at least 35 hours a week on average; and
- not the partner of the person receiving care, or the parent where the person being cared for is under 18.