Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Council Tax Discount for Careworkers
Notes of guidance
The discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she is:
- engaged to provide care or support to another person(s); and
- that care is on behalf of a local authority, the crown or a charitable organisation; or
- introduced to that person by a local authority, the crown or a charitable organisation; and
- engaged or employed for at least 24 hours a week; and
- receiving not more than £44.00 a week wages; and
- resident in premises provided by the person being cared for, a local authority, the crown or a charitable organisation.
- providing care to a person in receipt of:
- higher rate attendance allowance; or
- highest rate of care component of Disability Living Allowance; or
- increased rate of disablement pension; or
- increased constant attendance allowance; and
- resident with the person receiving the care; and
- providing the care for at least 35 hours a week on average; and
- not the partner of the person receiving care, or the parent where the person being cared for is under 18.