Christmas and new Year closure
The Council offices will be closed from 4.45pm Friday 21 December 2018 and will re-open at 8.45am on Wednesday 2nd January 2019.
Emergency calls may be made throughout the holiday period on 01268 758357
Castle Point Borough Council wishes all its residents a Merry Christmas and good wishes for the forthcoming year.
Updated: 5 December 2018
Council Tax Discount for Careworkers
Notes of guidance
The discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she is:
- engaged to provide care or support to another person(s); and
- that care is on behalf of a local authority, the crown or a charitable organisation; or
- introduced to that person by a local authority, the crown or a charitable organisation; and
- engaged or employed for at least 24 hours a week; and
- receiving not more than £44.00 a week wages; and
- resident in premises provided by the person being cared for, a local authority, the crown or a charitable organisation.
- providing care to a person in receipt of:
- higher rate attendance allowance; or
- highest rate of care component of Disability Living Allowance; or
- increased rate of disablement pension; or
- increased constant attendance allowance; and
- resident with the person receiving the care; and
- providing the care for at least 35 hours a week on average; and
- not the partner of the person receiving care, or the parent where the person being cared for is under 18.