Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Council Tax discount for persons in detention
Notes of Guidance
This discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she is detained under one of the following conditions:
- In a prison, hospital or any other place under order of any UK court.
- In a prison, hospital or any other place under a Standing Civilian Court established under the Armed Forces act 1976
- Under the immigration act 1971, section 136 of the Mental Health Act 1983 (detention in place of safety), or the Repatriation of Prisoners Act 1957.
- Under the Army Act 1955, the Air Force Act 1955 or the Naval Discipline Act 1957.
- In a hospital under section 46,47 or 48 or part II of the Mental Health Act 1983.
This category of discount does not apply to:
- Prisoner released on licensed parole, exempt those discharged temporarily under section 28 or section 47(5) of the Prisoner Act 1952 (generally on compassionate grounds) who will be disregarded.
- Persons committed to prison for non-payment of Council Tax.
- Persons detained for default in payment of a fine.
- Service personnel who are under open arrest or who are detained for less then 48 hours.