Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Council Tax Discount for Residential Hospital Patient
Notes of Guidance
A person is a disregard person for the purpose of Council Tax if one or more of the following applies:
- he/she is a patient who has their main or only home in a hospital;
- he/she is detained under part II of the Mental Health Act 1983 in a hospital;
- he/she is detained under section 46,47 or 48 of the Mental Health Act 1983 in a hospital.
- a health service hospital within the meaning of the National Health act 1977; and
- a military, air-force or naval unit or establishment in England and Wales at or in which medical or surgical treatment is provided for a person subject-
- by virtue of section 205 of the Army act 1995, to military law;
- by virtue of section 205 of the Air Force act 1955 to air-force law; or
- by virtue of section 111 of the Naval Discipline Act 1957, to that act.
This includes NHS nursing homes.