Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Discount for 18 year old in receipt of child benefit
Notes of Guidance
This discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she is:
- 18 years of age; but
- is a person in respect of whom another person is entitled to child benefit.
In practice, this discount will usually apply to 18 year olds in their last year at school, at a sixth form college, or on some courses of non-advanced further education.
The discount will cease on the day that Child Benefit ceases. This will be whichever is earlier of:
- the person’s 19th birthday
- whichever of the following days occur next after he or she ceases in full-time non-advanced education:
- - the first Monday in January
- - the first Monday after Easter
- - the first Monday in September;
- the day on which he or she takes up full time employment.
When the discount ceases as a result of (1) above, a discount for 19 year olds still at school or further education may still apply. Please contact this office as indicated overleaf.
You are here: Page 1 of 2