Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Discount for 18 year old in receipt of child benefit
Notes of Guidance
This discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she is:
- 18 years of age; but
- is a person in respect of whom another person is entitled to child benefit.
In practice, this discount will usually apply to 18 year olds in their last year at school, at a sixth form college, or on some courses of non-advanced further education.
The discount will cease on the day that Child Benefit ceases. This will be whichever is earlier of:
- the person’s 19th birthday
- whichever of the following days occur next after he or she ceases in full-time non-advanced education:
- - the first Monday in January
- - the first Monday after Easter
- - the first Monday in September;
- the day on which he or she takes up full time employment.
When the discount ceases as a result of (1) above, a discount for 19 year olds still at school or further education may still apply. Please contact this office as indicated overleaf.
You are here: Page 1 of 2