Discount for carehome resident
Notes for guidance
This discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she:
- has his/her sole or main residence in a Residential Care Home, Nursing Home, Mental Nursing Home or Hostel in England or Wales; and
- is receiving care and/or treatment in the Home or Hostel.
A Residential care Home is defined as:
- A establishment in respect of which registration is required under the Registered Homes Act 1984.
- A building or part of a building in which accommodation is provided and which is run by the Abbeyfield Society.
A Nursing Home is defined as:
- Anything which is a Nursing Home within the meaning of the Registered Homes act 1984.
A Mental Home is defined as:
- Anything which is a Mental Nursing Home within the meaning of the Registered Homes act 1984.
A Hostel is defined as:
- Anything which is solely or mainly used for the provision of residential accommodation in other than separate and self-contained premises, together with personal care for persons who require care by reason of old-age, disablement, past or present alcohol or drug dependence, or past or present mental disorder; and
- which is not a Residential Care Home, Nursing Home or Mental Nursing Home.
You are here: Page 1 of 2