Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Discount for carehome resident
Notes for guidance
This discount will apply to a person on a day if he or she:
- has his/her sole or main residence in a Residential Care Home, Nursing Home, Mental Nursing Home or Hostel in England or Wales; and
- is receiving care and/or treatment in the Home or Hostel.
A Residential care Home is defined as:
- A establishment in respect of which registration is required under the Registered Homes Act 1984.
- A building or part of a building in which accommodation is provided and which is run by the Abbeyfield Society.
A Nursing Home is defined as:
- Anything which is a Nursing Home within the meaning of the Registered Homes act 1984.
A Mental Home is defined as:
- Anything which is a Mental Nursing Home within the meaning of the Registered Homes act 1984.
A Hostel is defined as:
- Anything which is solely or mainly used for the provision of residential accommodation in other than separate and self-contained premises, together with personal care for persons who require care by reason of old-age, disablement, past or present alcohol or drug dependence, or past or present mental disorder; and
- which is not a Residential Care Home, Nursing Home or Mental Nursing Home.
You are here: Page 1 of 2