Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection
Please note we currently have limited access to our offices if you need to contact us please do so at email@example.com or telephone 01268 882200.
Register to Vote - Individual Electoral Registration
Annual Canvass of the Register of Electors
The Government requires every Local Authority to conduct an Annual Canvass of the Register of Electors in order to make sure that the information we hold is correct and up to date.
Registering to Vote
You need to register to vote before you can vote in UK Elections and Referendums.
You can register on-line at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
Each Individual is responsible for registering themselves and you need to provide your National Insurance Number and Date of Birth when registering. This makes the electoral register more secure.
For further information regarding the election please go to www.castlepoint.gov.uk/elections
Register to vote?
- Go to www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- Fill in your name, address, date of birth and a few other details. You'll also need your national insurance number, which can be found on your national insurance card, or in official paperwork such as payslips, or letters about benefits, tax credits or pensions.
- Please note that we currently have limited access to our offices. To prevent any delay in your registration please provide an email address or telephone number when registering so that if we need to we can contact you regarding any queries.
- If you provide your email address or telephone number we will communicate with you via this method.
Qualifying Date 2020 (latest date application to be received)
|Register Publication Date 2020|
|7 April||1 May|
|7 May||1 June|
|9 June||1 July|
|10 July||3 August|
|10 August||1 September|
To find out more go to www.gov.uk/voting-in-the-uk
Or go to www.yourvotematters.co.uk
Postal or proxy voting
Please note we currently have limited access to our offices and may be unable to meet our usual standard in processing postal vote and proxy applications at this time. We will process your application as soon as we are able to and thank you for your patience during this difficult and unprecedented period.
You can apply for a postal vote at any time, whether permanently or for a specific election. You can also have a proxy vote (where someone votes on your behalf) if you are physically unable to vote in person at the time of the election. If you wish to apply for a postal vote or a proxy vote, please complete one of the forms below and either post or email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Approximately 3-4 weeks before an election, providing you are on the Electoral Register, we will send you a poll card informing you of the location of your polling station and the times of poll.
- Application to Vote by Post [docx] 42KB
- Application to Vote by Proxy Long Term [docx] 55KB
- Application to Vote by Proxy Particular Election [docx] 38KB
For all other enquiries please contact us at email@example.com or by telephone on 01268 882200.