Christmas and new Year closure
The Council offices will be closed from 4.45pm Friday 21 December 2018 and will re-open at 8.45am on Wednesday 2nd January 2019.
Emergency calls may be made throughout the holiday period on 01268 758357
Castle Point Borough Council wishes all its residents a Merry Christmas and good wishes for the forthcoming year.
Updated: 5 December 2018
Register to Vote - Individual Electoral Registration
Every year the Government requires every Local Authority to collect information regarding all households in order to produce the Register of Electors. Please click link below for information:
Registering to Vote
You need to register to vote before you can vote in UK Elections and Referendums.
You can register on-line at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
Each Individual is responsible for registering themselves and you need to provide your National Insurance Number and Date of Birth when registering. This makes the electoral register more secure.
For further information regarding the election please go to www.castlepoint.gov.uk/elections
Register to vote?
- Go to www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- Fill in your name, address, date of birth and a few other details. You'll also need your national insurance number, which can be found on your national insurance card, or in official paperwork such as payslips, or letters about benefits, tax credits or pensions.
- Look out for a confirmation to say you're registered. In some instances we will require further information. If this is the case we will write to let you know.
- If you provide your email address we may communicate with you via email.
To find out more go to www.gov.uk/voting-in-the-uk
Or go to www.yourvotematters.co.uk
Postal or proxy voting
You can apply for a postal vote at any time, whether permanently or for a specific election. You can also have a proxy vote (where someone votes on your behalf) if you are physically unable to vote in person at the time of the election. If you wish to apply for a postal vote or a proxy vote, please complete one of the forms below and either post or email it back to us at email@example.com. Approximately 3-4 weeks before an election, providing you are on the Electoral Register, we will send you a poll card informing you of the location of your polling station and the times of poll.
- Application to Vote by Post for Current Elector [pdf] 11KB
- Application to Vote by Proxy Long Term [pdf] 19KB
- Application to Vote by Proxy Particular Election [pdf] 11KB