Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, our operating hours remain unchanged. You are still able to access services and information from the website 24/7 and via email and phone during operating hours.
For information and advice on the Council’s response to coronavirus (COVID-19), changes to Council services, the support that is available to residents and businesses, and to volunteer to help in your community, please see our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Head of Environment - Trudie Bragg
Telephone number:- 01268 882476
Email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Lynch - Operational Services Manager
Environment and Community Service Areas
Food Safety and infectious disease control, pollution control including noise, Health and Safety at Work , pest control, drainage, contaminated land, air quality, private housing, animal welfare/licensing, stray dog collection and kennelling, and statutory nuisance investigations. In addition the department is a responsible authority under the Licensing Act 2003
- The provision and operation of Runnymede Halls Runnymede Swimming Pool and Leisure Services
- Management and letting of Council owned Community Halls
Strategic management of Parks and Open Spaces, including woodlands, wildlife and countryside conservation, cemeteries and churchyards, allotments, arboriculture and landscaping, the foreshore, Canvey Heights Country Park, outdoor sports provision, parks pavilions, the Dutch Cottage and Castle Point Golf Course (Contract monitoring).
- Provision and maintenance of Council owned Car Parks
- Enforcement of Castle Point Borough Council’s parking order, covering all on street and off street parking places including council owned car parks and public highway with restrictions.
- The collection of Penalty Charge Notices issued for failure to comply with the order.
- The removal and destruction of abandoned vehicles throughout the borough.
- Waste collection services (Refuse and Recycling), street cleansing service, provision and maintenance of public conveniences, grounds maintenance services (including grass verge cutting).
- Contract monitoring service – to ensure the performance standards for all outsourced front line operational services are met.
- The investigation of complaints relating to fly tipping, graffiti, littering and fly posting and enforcement of relevant legislation.