Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Message from Mayor of Castle Point Councillor Colin Riley
From July 4th new changes on lockdown come into place. Pubs, bars and restaurants are able to open subject to government guidelines.
We want our residents to enjoy themselves but it is important we all act responsibly.
- Stay alert and stay safe to help prevent spreading the virus.
- Keep a safe distance from others and continue to wash your hands regularly.
If you do go to the pub, have fun but be sensible;show respect for others and do not do anything that puts you or other people at risk.
Head of Environment - Trudie Bragg
Telephone number:- 01268 882476
Email address - email@example.com
- Ryan Lynch - Operational Services Manager
Environment and Community Service Areas
Food Safety and infectious disease control, pollution control including noise, Health and Safety at Work , pest control, drainage, contaminated land, air quality, private housing, animal welfare/licensing, stray dog collection and kennelling, and statutory nuisance investigations. In addition the department is a responsible authority under the Licensing Act 2003
- The provision and operation of Runnymede Halls Runnymede Swimming Pool and Leisure Services
- Management and letting of Council owned Community Halls
Strategic management of Parks and Open Spaces, including woodlands, wildlife and countryside conservation, cemeteries and churchyards, allotments, arboriculture and landscaping, the foreshore, Canvey Heights Country Park, outdoor sports provision, parks pavilions, the Dutch Cottage and Castle Point Golf Course (Contract monitoring).
- Provision and maintenance of Council owned Car Parks
- Enforcement of Castle Point Borough Council’s parking order, covering all on street and off street parking places including council owned car parks and public highway with restrictions.
- The collection of Penalty Charge Notices issued for failure to comply with the order.
- The removal and destruction of abandoned vehicles throughout the borough.
- Waste collection services (Refuse and Recycling), street cleansing service, provision and maintenance of public conveniences, grounds maintenance services (including grass verge cutting).
- Contract monitoring service – to ensure the performance standards for all outsourced front line operational services are met.
- The investigation of complaints relating to fly tipping, graffiti, littering and fly posting and enforcement of relevant legislation.