Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Head of Environment - Trudie Bragg
Telephone number:- 01268 882476
Email address - email@example.com
- Ryan Lynch - Operational Services Manager
Environment and Community Service Areas
Food Safety and infectious disease control, pollution control including noise, Health and Safety at Work , pest control, drainage, contaminated land, air quality, private housing, animal welfare/licensing, stray dog collection and kennelling, and statutory nuisance investigations. In addition the department is a responsible authority under the Licensing Act 2003
- The provision and operation of Runnymede Halls Runnymede Swimming Pool and Leisure Services
- Management and letting of Council owned Community Halls
Strategic management of Parks and Open Spaces, including woodlands, wildlife and countryside conservation, cemeteries and churchyards, allotments, arboriculture and landscaping, the foreshore, Canvey Heights Country Park, outdoor sports provision, parks pavilions, the Dutch Cottage and Castle Point Golf Course (Contract monitoring).
- Provision and maintenance of Council owned Car Parks
- Enforcement of Castle Point Borough Council’s parking order, covering all on street and off street parking places including council owned car parks and public highway with restrictions.
- The collection of Penalty Charge Notices issued for failure to comply with the order.
- The removal and destruction of abandoned vehicles throughout the borough.
- Waste collection services (Refuse and Recycling), street cleansing service, provision and maintenance of public conveniences, grounds maintenance services (including grass verge cutting).
- Contract monitoring service – to ensure the performance standards for all outsourced front line operational services are met.
- The investigation of complaints relating to fly tipping, graffiti, littering and fly posting and enforcement of relevant legislation.