Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Support for the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable
The NHS continue to identify and inform people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19. If you are in this group, you will have received a letter from the NHS or from your GP telling you this.
Following the announcement of the easing of lockdown restrictions, the Government has advised that vulnerable people stop shielding from April 1st. If you were previously shielding, you will have received a letter from the NHS or your GP advising you what to do.
Many people who have been identified as clinically extremely vulnerable already have the support of friends, family or neighbours. However, if you do not have such help in place and need support, please contact either:
- The Castle Point Association of Voluntary Services (CAVS) - Ways to Wellness Team by phoning 01268 214000 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Essex Wellbeing Service online - Essex Wellbeing Service or by phoning 0300 303 9988
Together with other councils and organisations, we are part of the Essex Community Shield. This scheme will bring volunteers together with the people most in need of help during these uncertain times, especially those who may not have the support of friends, family or neighbours.
If you would like to register to help the local community in Castle Point please would you contact either:
- Castle Point Association of Voluntary Services (CAVS) - a not for profit charity and Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) with a strong community presence in Essex. CAVS website
- Essex Coronavirus Action - a collaboration between Essex County Council, The Essex Public Health Team, and local Facebook groups. Individual volunteer or Business volunteer