Coronavirus (Covid-19): Centre Closures
We are taking the threat of Coronavirus (Covid-19) very seriously and unfortunately, due to instruction from the Government, we will be closing both our Leisure Centres and Community Halls for the foreseeable future.
All membership and swimming lesson fees will be frozen automatically, and all customers who have prepaid will be credited. The next Direct Debit due in April, will not be taken as all memberships and swimming lesson payments are now frozen. If customers have prepaid for activities such as memberships and swimming lessons, we will adjust the next direct debit when we reopen, and credit what we owe you. Please be aware the next Direct Debit will be taken as and when we reopen.
All customers who have paid upfront for memberships, swimming lessons, community hall bookings and other activities will also be credited when we reopen in the future.
We will continue to do our best to keep all our customers updated on when the centre can re-open. In the meantime, we will be offering free Live Facebook and Instagram classes, other home workouts including family workouts, Live Question and Answer videos and advice on how to keep up your fitness levels on our Facebook @CastlePointLeisure and Instagram @Castlepointleisure1.
Most importantly, we hope all our friends, members & customers stay safe, and we look forward to welcoming you all again in the future.
For full updates and information please click here.
Fitness Suite - Waterside Farm Leisure Centre
Castle Point Leisure has completed the refurbishment of the Fitness Suite at Waterside Farm Leisure Centre and is NOW OPEN!
- Brand new premium Life Fitness Discover SE3 cardiovascular equipment, including more power mills, new cross trainers, exercise bikes, treadmills and flexstriders all with touch screen entertainment including access to Netflix, Facebook, visual entertainment and virtual running routes;
- All treadmills will offer a new HIIT training option;
- The upgrade of the Fitness Suite will also include a new dedicated functional zone including a superb extra-large SYNRGY unit (within the existing free weights area);
- Including the removal of the existing free weights wall to allow an improved free flowing and open fitness suite;
- A new larger and improved free weights zone including new equipment within the existing Cardio Vascular area;
- A FREE digital sign up process to allow customers to track their workouts with connective fitness apps;
- New high quality rubber protective flooring and new vinyl flooring, vinyl is much more hygienic than carpet;
- A variety of smaller fitness equipment including new bumper plates, functional kit such as sand bags, wall targets and much much more;
- In the future brand new artwork, upgrading of the WI-FI system and other smaller improvements will take place from April 2019…..further information will be provided in the not to near distance future.
Fitness Suite - Runnymede Leisure Centre
- Top of the range ICG7 spinning bikes with colour by colour training and on demand virtual reality classes;
- Discover SE3 cardiovascular equipment including power mills, cross trainers, rowing machines and exercise bikes with touch screen entertainment including access to Netflix, Facebook, visual entertainment and virtual running routes;
- Track your progress with your smartphone and external fitness tracking devices;
- Bespoke SYNRGY360 functional unit and zone for group training sessions;
- HD Athletic free weights rig for multiuse workouts;
- Premium Life Fitness Insignia resistance machines;
- Cybex SPARC trainers for HIIT workouts;
- Plus much more!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council