Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
How to pay your Business Rates Bill
At the beginning of each financial year you will receive your annual bill. This sets out the period you are being charged for, your rateable value, any reliefs that apply to you and the amount you have to pay.
There are several different payment options and methods you can choose to pay your rates bill.
If we have not made any agreement with you, your bill will automatically calculate your instalments over ten monthly payments from the 1st April to the 1st January.
You can then pay in the following ways:
By Direct Debit
If you choose to pay by direct debit you can set this up by simply phoning 01268 882237. Please make sure that you have you business rates reference number and bank account details when you phone.
You can download a direct debit mandate by clicking here. DD Instruction.pdf [pdf] 37KB
By Credit or Debit Card
You can make a payment by ringing 0300 456 0629 to use our automated service, which is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Mobile charges may apply. Please remember we do not issue receipts for credit/debit card payments.
You can make Online Payments payments using our secure website:
Payment straight into our bank account (Direct Credit)
Please give your bank your Business Rates reference number and the following details of our bank account
- Bank: Lloyds Bank, 1 Legg Street, Chelmsford. CM1 1JS
- Sort code: 30-91-56
- Account number: 00465509
|12 monthly payments on 7th, 14th, 21st, & 28th April to March||10 monthly payments 1st April to 1st January||12 monthly payments 1st April to 1st March||10 1st, 14th, 2monthly payments 1st, 28th April to January||2 half yearly payments on 1st May and 1st November||1 payment on 1st May|
|By Debit Card||Available||Available||Available||Available|
|By Credit Card||Available||Available||Available||Available|
|By on-line payment||Available||Available||Available||Available|
Please note that if your first instalment is due after April, the number of instalments by which you may be able to pay will reduce.