Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Internal Audit is primarily an assurance function. Its purpose is to provide an independent and objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the whole system of internal control that contributes to the achievement of the Council's business objectives. This includes controls established to manage working arrangements with partners or third parties.
In this context, the system of internal control includes the Council's governance framework which is described in the Local Code of Governance as:
- the principles and values by which the Council operates
- the key strategic business management process it applies in order to enable it to deliver the services required by its local community.
The Head of Internal Audit is then required to produce an annual report that gives an opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control for the year. The annual opinion is based on the cumulative impact of the work done on the Council's ability to deliver its key objectives.