Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Interreg GO TRADE Town Centre Markets Project
New Canvey Island Market opening every Thursday
Click here to see the Canvey Island Market page.
Castle Point Borough Council is pleased to announce the opening of a new market adjacent to the Knightswick Shopping Centre on Canvey Island. The market will be held weekly (every Thursday) and will offer a diverse mix of quality products.
The new market has been made possible as a result of grant funding from an Interreg project to develop new town centre markets. Called GoTrade, the project includes a consortium of 16 partners across the UK and France. Basildon Borough Council is the project lead.
The aims of the GoTrade project are to explore how traditional markets can be used as a catalyst for job creation, skills development and growth through the visitor economy and how to encourage local residents to visit their local market.
We expect the new market to deliver a much needed retail boost to our local economy and support our wider regeneration activities. We have been working collaboratively with all other project partners to share insights and experience in order to maximise the quality of the outcomes achieved.
The new market represents the result of this collaboration and we are delighted to announce our new Canvey Island Market will be established under the Go Trade quality banner.
The activities within the project include:
- Creation of business support and training modules, videos and digital content for existing and new market traders, and
- Development of the tourism product, including historical research, setting of values, a calendar of themed markets and events, as well as digital marketing tools.
We will be undertaking these activities within our market as soon as we are able, subject to government guidance during the Covid19 pandemic.
The Go Trade project is being made possible via Interreg, the cross-border funding programme that champions co-operation between regions in the European Union.
The GoTrade project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- Basildon Council
- University of Greenwich
- National Market Traders Federation
- Gravesham Borough Council
- Great Yarmouth Borough Council
- Great Yarmouth Town Centre Partnership
- Visit Kent Ltd
- Castle Point Borough Council
- Ville de Louvigné du Désert
- Agence d’urbanisme et de développement (AUD) Pays de Saint-Omer Flandre Intérieure
- Chambre de L'agriculture Nord-Pas-de-Calais
- Communauté de Communes du Pays de Lumbres
- Ville de Caen
- Office de Tourisme de Caen
- Ville d-Amiens
- Pas de Calais Tourisme
More information about the Go Trade project can be found at gotrade-markets.eu