Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, our operating hours remain unchanged. You are still able to access services and information from the website 24/7 and via email and phone during operating hours.
For information and advice on the Council’s response to coronavirus (COVID-19), changes to Council services, the support that is available to residents and businesses, and to volunteer to help in your community, please see our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
The Legal Services Team is part of the Civic Governance and Law Department.
- Property & Estates
- Governance and ethical standards
- Information law
- Development control
- Major Projects
Guidance notes are available in respect of :
- Legal Guidance on Freedom of Information Requests.pdf [pdf] 93KB
- Land Request Form [pdf] 173KB
- Selling to the Council Jan 2018.pdf [pdf] 181KB
- Standard Terms and Conditions for Minor Works-below 50000 00 threshold.pdf [pdf] 275KB
- Standard Terms and Conditions for Services-below 50000 00 threshold.pdf [pdf] 282KB
- Planning Certificates of Lawfulness.pdf [pdf] 43KB
THE LEGAL SERVICES SECTION CANNOT OFFER LEGAL SERVICES OR ADVICE DIRECT TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
You may wish to seek Legal Advice and Assistance from:
The Community Legal service which administer legal aid. Please use the link in the right hand column Community Legal service
The law society which govern and keep a national directory of solicitors in England and Wales. Please use the link in the right hand column The Law Society
A local advice agency such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.