Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
The Legal Services Team is part of the Civic Governance and Law Department.
- Property & Estates
- Governance and ethical standards
- Information law
- Development control
- Major Projects
Guidance notes are available in respect of :
- Legal Guidance on Freedom of Information Requests.pdf [pdf] 93KB
- Land Request Form [pdf] 173KB
- Selling to the Council Jan 2018.pdf [pdf] 181KB
- Standard Terms and Conditions for Minor Works-below 50000 00 threshold.pdf [pdf] 275KB
- Standard Terms and Conditions for Services-below 50000 00 threshold.pdf [pdf] 282KB
- Planning Certificates of Lawfulness.pdf [pdf] 43KB
THE LEGAL SERVICES SECTION CANNOT OFFER LEGAL SERVICES OR ADVICE DIRECT TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
You may wish to seek Legal Advice and Assistance from:
The Community Legal service which administer legal aid. Please use the link in the right hand column Community Legal service
The law society which govern and keep a national directory of solicitors in England and Wales. Please use the link in the right hand column The Law Society
A local advice agency such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.