Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Message from Mayor of Castle Point Councillor Colin Riley
From July 4th new changes on lockdown come into place. Pubs, bars and restaurants are able to open subject to government guidelines.
We want our residents to enjoy themselves but it is important we all act responsibly.
- Stay alert and stay safe to help prevent spreading the virus.
- Keep a safe distance from others and continue to wash your hands regularly.
If you do go to the pub, have fun but be sensible;show respect for others and do not do anything that puts you or other people at risk.
The Legal Services Team is part of the Civic Governance and Law Department.
- Property & Estates
- Governance and ethical standards
- Information law
- Development control
- Major Projects
Guidance notes are available in respect of :
- Legal Guidance on Freedom of Information Requests.pdf [pdf] 93KB
- Land Request Form [pdf] 173KB
- Selling to the Council Jan 2018.pdf [pdf] 181KB
- Standard Terms and Conditions for Minor Works-below 50000 00 threshold.pdf [pdf] 275KB
- Standard Terms and Conditions for Services-below 50000 00 threshold.pdf [pdf] 282KB
- Planning Certificates of Lawfulness.pdf [pdf] 43KB
THE LEGAL SERVICES SECTION CANNOT OFFER LEGAL SERVICES OR ADVICE DIRECT TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
You may wish to seek Legal Advice and Assistance from:
The Community Legal service which administer legal aid. Please use the link in the right hand column Community Legal service
The law society which govern and keep a national directory of solicitors in England and Wales. Please use the link in the right hand column The Law Society
A local advice agency such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.