Coronavirus (Covid-19): Centre Re-opening
Our centres have re-opened!
We will be opening our centres in phases to make sure we are compliant with all relevant guidance for both your and our staff’s safety. Our amazing Fitness Suites, Group Exercise Classes, Sports Hall activities and Swimming Pools are now open for customers. The Teaching Pool at both sites will be closed until further notice. The sauna & steam room, soft play areas also remain closed due to Government guidance.
Teaching Pools Re-Opening
TEACHING POOL IS BACK!
We have some more great news! We will be re-opening both our sites Teaching Pools to the public from Monday 19th October 2020.
Teaching pool bookings will need to be booked in advance preferably through the online booking system which will go live on Monday 12th October 2020. For additional assistance with booking online please see our member and non-member booking guides.
The planned opening times for the Teaching pool are as follows but are subject to change. For the latest information on opening times please visit our swimming pool timetable page at https://www.castlepoint.gov.uk/swimming-pool-timetables.
Waterside’s teaching pool will be opening on the following days:
Monday’s 11:45am -1:45pm
Tuesday’s 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Friday's 12.00pm – 3:00pm
Saturday & Sunday's 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Runnymede’s teaching pool will be opening on the following days:
Wednesday’s 12:00pm -2:00pm
Thursday’s 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Saturday’s 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Sunday’s 12:00pm – 3:00pm
In order to keep you safe please follow the guidelines set out below:
- Making sure you come “Beach ready” with your swimwear underneath your clothes so time spent getting changed is as limited as possible.
- When coming out of the swimming pool please get changed and leave the changing areas as quickly as possible.
- Please follow the one-way system in the Changing Village and around the swimming pool.
- Wipe down the cubicle you use to get changed in before and after every use with the sprays provided if it is essential to use the cubicles.
- Swim responsibly, maintaining social distancing at all times.
- Booking sessions will be 50 minutes long. Please do not exceed your session time and leave the pool immediately. Please book sessions online where possible.
- When booking for a family please book for each person attending despite age. Please note that the swimming pool admissions policy still applies.
- Please be patient as everything will not be normal when you return to the pool and please bear with us during the initial re-opening period.
- There will be no spectators, with the exception of carers and those with young children, however spectators can wait outside, or in their cars.
- Any spectators or those coming into the building that are not exercising must wear a face covering.
- Any equipment needed will need to be provided by the customer. We will not be hiring any equipment.
Please click here to visit our website for all information on what we expect from our customers at our centres.