Local public health initiative
Local Public Health Initiative
We support local voluntary groups and community organisations to deliver interventions to help improve the health and wellbeing of those who live, work in and visit Castle Point. Through public health funding provided by Essex County Council, together with the help of our strategic health partners and local statutory organisations, we are working to deliver our health and wellbeing strategy which aims to:
- Reduce overweight and obesity
- Improve mental health and wellbeing
- Support people to live independently to stay in their own homes for as long as possible
To see what public health initiatives are going on in Castle Point to tackle these three priority areas please click here: CP-Current-projects_March-2019.pdf [pdf] 212KB
We are now inviting applications for public health funding for the 2019/20 financial year. Please note the process by which funding will be considered has changed, in that:
- A maximum of £1500 will be awarded for any one project. However, if the project will run in both Castle Point and Rochford then a maximum of £3000 will be available.
- Applications must be submitted within a specified time period (by Friday 28th June 2019). If there is still money left in the public health budget after grants have been awarded then the process will open again in November 2019.
- Outcomes should align with the priorities detailed in our joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy.pdf [pdf] 2MB
For further information and to apply for public health funding please click on the Application Form for Public Health Funding 2019-20 Application Form for Public Health Funding 2019-20.pdf[pdf] 304KB
All applications must be received by Friday 28th June 2019