Audit of Accounts 2019/2020 - Conclusion of audit
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 notice is given that the audit of the Statement of Accounts for Castle Point Borough Council for 2019/20 has been concluded. An unqualified audit opinion was issued on 27 November 2020.
The Statement of Accounts is now available for inspection by local government electors.
The rights conferred on local government electors by section 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 are to inspect and make copies of:
- the statement of accounts prepared by the authority,
- the local auditor’s certificate that the audit of the authority’s accounts including that statement has been completed,
- the local auditor’s opinion on the Statement of Accounts,
- any public interest report relating to the authority or an entity connected with it, and
- any recommendation relating to the authority or an entity connected with it.
The Statement of Accounts is published on our website at www.castlepoint.gov.uk/accounts or hard copies can be obtained at the Council Offices, Kiln Road, Thundersley, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 1TF on weekdays (excluding bank holidays) between 9.00am and 4.30pm. Standard charges will apply where hard copies are provided. Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff, please contact Alison Wigmore, Chief Accountant, at the address given below, in advance to make an appointment to collect any hard copies.
Essex. SS7 1TF
Dated: 30 November 2020