Reduced Services

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.

Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, our operating hours remain unchanged.

You are still able to access services and information from the website 24/7 and via email and phone during operating hours.

For information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19), and to volunteer to help in your community, please see our Coronavirus information page.

For information on our services, including waste collections, please see our Service update and information page

For information on businesses and business rates, please see our Business advice page


Noise from pubs, bars or clubs

If you live near a pub, bar or club, there can be problems with noise late at night,

If you would like help about noise or you want to report a noise that is not happening now please ring 01268 882200 or email us.

There are several things that we can fo to help you if licensed premises are disturbing you. In the first instance, we can serve a notice on the premises under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

If appropriate, we will pass on information about the premises to the council's licensing committee. This can then be used when the premises licence next comes up for review.

Contact Environmental Health

Contact us