Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Ready to rent
Coordinated by four South Essex Local Authorities; Ready to Rent aims to encourage good practice in the private rented market by giving approval to lettings that meet a management code of practice and property standard.
Ready to Rent is available to Landlords of empty properties (including non-licensable HMOs) only.
Rewards and Benefits
Lettings in the scheme can benefit from the following incentives:
- All officers carrying out the inspections are experienced and fully trained under HHSRS
- A certificate of quality and professionalism for a period of 3 years
- Access to the Councils' bond and rent deposit schemes where available
- Confidence at the start of a tenancy that the property is free of category 1 housing hazards
- Certification may provide supporting evidence if faced with action under the Homes (Fitness for Humans Habitation) Act 2018.
The Ready to Rent Application form gives more details about the scheme.
Fee : £300
If you would like to find out more or become an approved Ready to Rent Landlord, please contact your local Council Office listed below.
Rochford : firstname.lastname@example.org
Castle Point : email@example.com
Thurrock : firstname.lastname@example.org
Basildon : email@example.com
No guarantee is given by the Council that the property will satisfy the individual requirements of any particular tenant nor that the property complies with all current statutory requirements