You can take small electrical items to the following recycling centres:
Small Electrical items
- All electronic devices (e.g. Phones, mobile phones, computers, printers,remote controls, chargers, radios, VCRs, digiboxes, speakers, hi-fi units, electronic toys and more...)
- All electrical personal care (e.g. Hairdryers, hair straighteners, electric toothbrushes,hair trimmers, shavers, hair curlers, facial saunas, power showers and more...)
- All electrical appliances (e.g. Kettles, toasters, irons, blenders, sandwich toasters,coffee machines, whisks, bread makers, electric
scales, smoothie makers and more...)
- All small DIY & garden electricals (e.g. Drills, power tools, garden shears, jigsaws, sanders,strimmers, angle grinders and more...)
Organise a collection for larger items via the Council's Bulky Waste collection or take to Recycling Centre, Canvey
- White goods (e.g. washing machines, tumble driers, ovens...)
- Fridge & freezers
- Other large electrical appliances (e.g. lawnmowers, TVs, electric radiators...)
See our Battery Recycling page with advice on how to recycle your household batteries.
What happens to my electricals?