Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection
Service update and information page
Last updated: 12/04/21 - 09:30
Coronavirus related updates and changes to our usual services
Please see below a list of changes to our usual services;
|Benefit Investigation Service||Business as usual|
All Council Car Parks are open as normal and standard parking charges apply.
Woodside Cemetery is open for memorial visits to graves. Visitors should still respect social distancing rules at all times.
|Concessionary Fares (Essex County Council)||Business as usual|
|Council Tax||Latest Information From Council Tax|
|Council Meetings and Mayoral activities||
No formal meetings of the Council will be held at the council offices until further notice, however please check our website for any virtual meetings that may take place during the COVID-19 emergency. Agendas and Minutes 2020/2021
The Mayor will not be undertaking public engagements or meetings in person until further notice, however, if you wish the Mayor to attend a virtual event using Microsoft Teams, please contact: email@example.com
|Council Tax/Business Rates recovery||Business as usual|
All enquiries should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01268 882200.
New bookings for Pest Control Services temporarily suspended.
No enforcement will be taken at this time which would result in restrictions on the delivery of food and other essential items.
|Halls - Enquiries and bookings||Closed until further notice, to get in touch please contact email@example.com|
|Housing Services & Homelessness||Business as usual, click here for Coronavirus Housing Advice|
|Human Resources||All enquiries should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Leisure Services||Latest information on Leisure Services|
|Licensing||Click here Licensing Update|
|Parks and Open Spaces||
Parks and Open Spaces will continue to be open - these must be used in line with social distancing rules
Playgrounds - will remain open throughout current restrictions - users should use hand sanitiser before and after using equipment and wash hands thoroughly as soon as they return home.
Opening times and latest updates for Hadleigh Country Park can be found on the Explore Essex website.
Dog waste bags - until the normal outlets re–open we are unable to supply dog waste bags
Community drop in services suspended Peabody Contact Numbers [pdf] 47KB
New bookings for Pest Control Services provided by CPBC are temporarily suspended.
Please only use electronic means of submission and communication. Planning applications are still being processed but no meetings or site visits are currently taking place
Email planning at email@example.com
Click here for New Local Plan update information.
Public Conveniences will remain open throughout current restrictions - please ensure you wash your hands after use.
The Thorney Bay toilets are not currently open.
The Recycling Centre for Household Waste, Canvey Road, Canvey Island SS8 0QU will remain open throughout current restrictions, but should only be visited if waste cannot be stored and the journey is absolutely essential.
Wherever possible use kerbside collections, waste that can be presented at the kerbside should not be taken to these centres. If you do visit a recycling centre, expect long delays as we limit cars on the site. Social distancing and new site restrictions are also in place.
|Refuse & Recycling / Bin Collections (also see below)||
All collections are still running as normal - continue to present your waste in line with your collection day These collections will remain throughout current restrictions.
Garden/food waste sacks - you can purchase garden waste sacks and caddy liners from:
Garden waste bulky collection - These are available to book see: Bulky Garden Waste Collection
Pink Sacks - All pink sacks are FREE. Sacks can be collected from:
Dog waste bags - due to restrictions at our normal outlets we are unable to supply dog waste bags
Bulky waste - Bookings now being taken for collections. For more info: Bulky Waste Collection.
Textile Banks - These are not currently able to be serviced - please use the kerbside textile collection - Textile Collection Information
|Regeneration and Business support||Business as usual|
How do I manage my bins if I'm told I have to self-isolate?
If you’re self-isolating, either as a precaution or because you have Coronavirus (COVID-19) please follow these four simple steps to reduce the spread of the virus:
- Catch coughs or sneezes in a tissue - keep washing your hands.
- Store all personal waste (eg; used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths) securely within disposable bags.
- When appropriate, these bags should be removed and placed into another bag and securely tied or sealed. Any bag should then be stored for 72hours before being mixed with other waste- the virus should not survive outside the body longer than this time.
- Only after 72 hours can the waste be disposed of as normal - it can then be presented on your usual day collection.
Ways to support your collection crews:
- Please maintain at least 2 metres social distance and don’t approach collection crews.
- Please avoid putting out additional waste for collection. If every household puts out more waste than usual, the collection vehicles will fill up quicker. This could result in some households not having their waste collected, as well as placing additional strain on collection crews.
- Please continue to treat collection crews with respect.
- Please place your bins, boxes and bags at the kerbside ready for your collection.
- Please be mindful where you park your car on collection day. With more people at home, residential roads are busier with parked cars making it harder for collection vehicles to get through.
- Please give them a cheer or round of applause as they pass.
- Please download our colouring sheet, colour it and stick it in your window for a wave or a toot. Tag us in your social media post and we shall repost your pictures. Download here: