Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
- I have an enquiry relating to the Canvey Island Golf Course.
- I would like to book a football pitch / cricket field for seasonal / casual use - are any available and what are the costs?
- I would like to book a tennis / netball court - what is the cost?
- I would like to join a Bowls Club, please could you tell me how I go about this?
- Please could you tell me if the football pitches are playable this weekend at a Recreational Ground
- Where can I ride my motorcycle / is there a motorcycling track / club in the Borough?
- Where can I use my skateboard in the Borough?
Please contact Glendale Managed Services on 01268 510830 who deal with all matters relating to this Golf Course. There address is Glendale Managed Services, Castle Point Golf Course, Somnes Avenue, Canvey Island, Essex, SS8 OQV.
I would like to book a football pitch / cricket field for seasonal / casual use - are any available and what are the costs?
You can refer to the Fees and charges on the Council’s web site. Unfortunately at present you cannot make bookings online.
Please contact us (including your name, telephone number and where you wish to book) by email or telephone us on 01268 882200 so that we assist you.
The Council operates a ’debenture scheme’ for these at John H Burrows Recreation Ground, Rectory Road, Hadleigh. The courts are available for the public to use free of charge. However, if you would like to use the debenture scheme you will need to pay and book your required slots. This would mean that the public would not be able to play during those times.
Please contact us (including your name, telephone number and where you wish to book) email@example.com or telephone us on 01268 882200 if you wish to make a booking. You can refer to Fees and charges on the Council’s web site.
Unfortunately at present you cannot make court bookings online.
The Council has 3 bowl grounds which are leased to 3 Bowls Clubs. The names and contacts of the Bowl Clubs and where they operate are as follows:
- Castle Point Bowling Club operating at Woodside Park, Manor Road, Benfleet, Essex.
- Hadleigh Bowls Club operating at John H Burrows Recreation Ground, Rectory Road, Hadleigh, Benfleet.
- South Benfleet and Canvey Bowls Club operating at South Benfleet Playing Fields, Brook Road.
Please contact us (including your name, telephone number and where you wish to book) firstname.lastname@example.org , or telephone us on 01268 882200 if you require further assistance.
Please contact the Kick Start Club on 01268 683004. Their track is located at the entrance to Watlington Road, Benfleet High Road under the bridge near the Benfleet Railway Station. Please contact the Club before arrival to ensure the track is open.
There are two skateboard parks in the borough.
One is located at the South Benfleet Playing Fields behind Richmond Hall, Benfleet High Road - please contact Legacy XS Skateboard Club on 01268 565650.
The other is a free council site located behind Waterside Farm Sports Centre, Sommes Avenue, Canvey Island.