Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
We are aware of an issue in accessing the Castle Point Home Choice website – More information here
The Development Control Committee
The Council's Constitution requires the following types of applications to be referred to the Development Control Committee for a determination:
- Applications where the officer recommendation would be contrary to Council policy or which raise significant policy issues for the Council.
- Applications which are related to possible legal proceedings by the authority e.g. prosecution or enforcement action.
- Applications where a Section 106 obligation would be involved or where there are justifiable planning reasons for seeking contributions from developers.
- Applications relating to Council-owned land or applications by the Council on private land.
- Applications where the Council is aware that a Member or officer or a close relative of either has made the application.
- Where a Member requests an item be brought to Committee using the "call in" procedure as outlined in the Council's Constitution.
View the current membership of the Development Control Commottee.
View agendas for Development Control Committee meetings. Available online five working days prior to the date of the meeting.
View webcast of Development Control Committee meetings. Available online for one year from the date of the meeting.
Members of the public are also welcome to attend meetings of the Development Control Committee. It should however be noted that there is a restriction on the number of people that can safely be accommodated in the Council's chamber, and admission may be restricted on occasions.