Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Canvey Town Centre Regeneration
The Castle Point Regeneration Partnership has prepared a masterplan for Canvey Town Centre, setting out how it can be improved to offer a high quality town centre with a better mix of provision than currently exists.
At its meeting of April 2012, the Council's Cabinet agreed to the adoption of the Canvey Town Centre Masterplan as a Supplementary Planning Document, to be considered when making decisions on planning applications for Canvey Town Centre. The adoption is effective from the 1st July 2012, and is subject to a series of caveats as set out in the Adoption Statement.
- Canvey Town Centre Masterplan Supplementary Planning Document Adoption Statement [pdf] 20KB
- Canvey Town Centre Masterplan SPD [pdf] 8MB
- Final Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic Environmental Assessment of the Canvey Town Centre Masterplan - Report [pdf] 562KB and Annex 1 [pdf] 6MB
- Equality Impact Assessment of the Canvey Town Centre Masterplan [pdf] 122KB
- MVA Transport Modelling Report [pdf] 644KB
- Consultation Report [pdf] 234KB and Consultation Responses [pdf] 2MB
Alongside the Council, other partners are working on delivering the Masterplan. A public realm strategy has been prepared, and work has been carried out on modelling the highway network. Private sector development partners are being sought to deliver the built elements of the masterplans proposals.
If you have any questions regarding the Canvey Town Centre Masterplan, or regeneration in Canvey Town Centre, please email firstname.lastname@example.org