Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Welfare and Debt - Information and Advice
There is information and advice available from the Council and other organisations during this difficult time. Therefore, this page has been designed to provide a focal point to links to specific information relating to the current economic downturn and will hopefully prove helpful to you, your family and businesses. Just click on your chosen subject matter.
Advice and Support
Please see the advice and support timetable Advice & Support Timetable[pdf] 311KB showing what is available across the borough for free.
- Budgeting calculator
- Budgeting Loans
- Loan sharks
- Money Advice Service
- Money Saving Expert (Martin Lewis)
- National Debt line
- Step Change Payday Loans Advice
- Advice on housing options available to you
- Shelter (The housing and homelessness charity)
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Team
- CRUSE Bereavement
- The Ship Directory (Southend Info Point and Directory for Adults, Children & Families
Other useful information for people who are;
- Blue badge scheme (parking concessions through Essex County Council)
- Bus passes (free if meeting eligible criteria)
- GOV.UK (general information)
- Shaw Trust (disabled and wanting to work)