Christmas and new Year closure
The Council offices will be closed from 4.45pm Friday 21 December 2018 and will re-open at 8.45am on Wednesday 2nd January 2019.
Emergency calls may be made throughout the holiday period on 01268 758357
Castle Point Borough Council wishes all its residents a Merry Christmas and good wishes for the forthcoming year.
Updated: 5 December 2018
Welfare and Debt - Information and Advice
There is information and advice available from the Council and other organisations during this difficult time. Therefore, this page has been designed to provide a focal point to links to specific information relating to the current economic downturn and will hopefully prove helpful to you, your family and businesses. Just click on your chosen subject matter.
Advice and Support
Please see the advice and support timetable Advice & Support Timetable [pdf] 318KB showing what is available across the borough for free.
- Budgeting calculator
- Budgeting Loans
- Loan sharks
- Money Advice Service
- Money Saving Expert (Martin Lewis)
- National Debt line
- Step Change Payday Loans Advice
- Advice on housing options available to you
- Shelter (The housing and homelessness charity)
Other useful information for people who are;
- Blue badge scheme (parking concessions through Essex County Council)
- Bus passes (free if meeting eligible criteria)
- GOV.UK (general information)
- Shaw Trust (disabled and wanting to work)