What if you are unable to pay your Business Rates

If you are having difficulties in making payment in accordance with your bill please contact the council offices as it may be possible to arrange alternative payments without the need for recovery action.

If you do not pay and do not contact us to make a payment arrangement, we may have to take you to court. This could mean you having to pay the costs of legal action.

It is far better for you to contact us as soon as you get into difficulty. If we take formal recovery action, the amount of help we can give you is limited.