Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
What is Trade Waste?
Any waste that comes from a commercial activity is defined as Trade Waste. However small the amount of waste produced, it is all trade waste - that could be food waste from a take-away shop to a few cardboard boxes.
If you use part of your home to run your business then any waste from that part is business waste.
keep waste to a minimum by doing everything you reasonably can to prevent, reuse, recycle or recover waste (in that order)
sort and store waste safely and securely
complete a waste transfer note for each load of waste that leaves your premises
check if your waste carrier is registered to dispose of waste
make every effort to ensure your waste carrier is disposing of your waste at a licensed waste disposal site
You have extra responsibilities if you’re dealing with hazardous waste.
Is your business compliant with Trade Waste law?
- All businesses, whatever size, must be able to produce a Waste Transfer Notice (WTN) to prove where all of their waste is being disposed
- If a business cannot provide a WTN for all waste it can face a fine of up to £5000
Your trade waste cannot:
be taken to any Recycling Centre for Household Waste - “the tip”
be presented for collection with household waste
be placed in a shared bin unless a Waste Transfer Notice is provided to each business using the bin
removed by an unlicensed waste firm
Waste Transfer Notices - What are they?
Section 34 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 requires every business to keep a written record of waste transferred from their business, these records are known as Waste Transfer Notices.
A Waste Transfer Notices must contain the following information:
The quantity of waste and whether on transfer it is loose or in a container
If in a container, the kind of container
Time, date and place of transfer
Name and address of transferor and the transferee
Whether or not the transferor is the producer or importer of the waste, if so, which
The transfer is to a person authorised to transport the waste in question
Our Trade Waste Service
|Castle Point Borough Council offer a Trade Waste collection service and can deal with a range of amounts of waste produced. Offering collections from multiple times a week to fortnightly.|
|Sacks||Ideal for business that do not produce must waste or are limited on space|
|240 litre bin||H: 1070mm D: 740mm W: 570mm|
|500 litre bin||H: 1095mm D: 720mm W: 1250mm|
|770 litre bin||H: 1325mm D: 720mm W: 1250mm|
|1100 litre bin||H: 1370mm D: 985mm W: 1260mm|
We will be able to help calculate your requirements.
Get a quote today!
Download our full Terms & Conditions here:
Trade Waste Recycling
At the present time Castle Point Borough Council do not offer any recycling collections to Trade customers.