Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Weather & Traffic Information
Below are a number of links to services that can give you information on the weather and traffic situation. Castle Point Borough Council will endeavour to keep you informed of any major incident that affects the Borough or Services that the Council are able to offer by publishing details on the Council's website.
Road Traffic Update
- Essex County Council - Live Travel Information
- Highways England - Traffic
- Essex County Council - Winter Travel & Gritting
Guidance and Health Links
- Weather Ready Poster Winter [pdf] 3MB
- Are You Weather Ready – Information and Guidance
- Clearing Snow and Ice from Pavements Yourself (gov.uk)
- Tips on Staying Warm (NHS)
- Met Office - Get Ready for Winter
- Department of Health Information
Useful radio links
- BBC Essex - 103.5FM
- Heart Essex - 96.3FM (South Essex), 102.6FM (North Essex)