Christmas and new Year closure
The Council offices will be closed from 4.45pm Friday 21 December 2018 and will re-open at 8.45am on Wednesday 2nd January 2019.
Emergency calls may be made throughout the holiday period on 01268 758357
Castle Point Borough Council wishes all its residents a Merry Christmas and good wishes for the forthcoming year.
Updated: 5 December 2018
The Unit aims to support the Council in fulfilling its’ priorities towards the community by providing efficient and cost effective financial services to our customers that meet appropriate quality and professional standards and legal requirements. The key features of an efficient and cost effective financial service are: -
- Closure of the accounts to meet statutory deadlines with no material errors or audit qualifications.
- Production of annual priority based budget for presentation to Special Council.
- Production of monitoring reports for budget holders within two working days of the month end.
- Production of monthly monitoring reports on time for consideration by Executive Management Team and Cabinet members.
- Production of quarterly financial monitoring reports to Cabinet.
- Production of periodic reports on Treasury Management Activity to Audit Committee and Cabinet members.
- Payment of Members allowances and Staff Salaries accurately and on time, through an outsourced Service Level Agreement.
- Payment of creditors accurately and on time.
- Production of accurate and timely advice as required on the financial implications of any proposal for changes in service delivery.