Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection
The Unit aims to support the Council in fulfilling its’ priorities towards the community by providing efficient and cost effective financial services to our customers that meet appropriate quality and professional standards and legal requirements. The key features of an efficient and cost effective financial service are: -
- Closure of the accounts to meet statutory deadlines with no material errors or audit qualifications.
- Production of annual priority based budget for presentation to Special Council.
- Production of monitoring reports for budget holders within two working days of the month end.
- Production of monthly monitoring reports on time for consideration by Executive Management Team and Cabinet members.
- Production of quarterly financial monitoring reports to Cabinet.
- Production of periodic reports on Treasury Management Activity to Audit Committee and Cabinet members.
- Payment of Members allowances and Staff Salaries accurately and on time, through an outsourced Service Level Agreement.
- Payment of creditors accurately and on time.
- Production of accurate and timely advice as required on the financial implications of any proposal for changes in service delivery.