Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Woodside Park is an attractive open space located in Thundersley, Benfleet which has proudly received Keep Britain Tidy’s Green Flag Award for a number of years. The main area of the park was opened in 1971 but the woodlands of the park have been established since at least the 17th Century. The park provides a charming mix of woodland and well-maintained recreational grassland. The woodland consists mainly of oaks and is an important site for biodiversity. It provides opportunities for walking as well as for sitting and observing the wildlife. Visitors can also enjoy the fresh air and open space of the grassland in the park and children can make use of the two playground areas at the site.
Woodside Park covers an area of around 10 hectares (30 acres). The park is owned and maintained by Castle Point Borough Council, which has a management plan (Woodside Park Management Plan 2018-20 [pdf] 2MB) for the site. The woodland part of the site (North Benfleet Hall Wood) is managed in partnership with the Council by a local conservation charity, the Castle Point Wildlife Group.
The main attractions within Woodside Park are:
- Park landscape for varied recreational opportunities
- Woodland landscape for walking, environmental and educational activities
- 2 playgrounds and a basketball court
- 2 cricket squares - home to Benfleet Cricket Club
- Bowling clubhouse and green - home to Castle Point Bowls Club
- Pavilion and Hall for community use (see hiring a halls)
The park is open every day, all year round.
How to get there:
The main entrance to the park can be accessed from Manor Road, off the A13 in Thundersley. Nearest postcode: SS7 4PB. Free parking (approximately 60 places) is available at the main entrance.
The number 12 21 21a and 27b buses stop on Manor Road, approximately 400 metres down the hill from the park.
Benfleet mainline station. Then get number 21 bus from Ferry Road, outside the front of the station.