Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Action we can take
We take firm action to prevent, detect and deter fraud and other economic crime against us.
- contacts with national law enforcement agencies and access to systems that identify crime and offenders
- specially-trained experts who can recover evidence from electronic devices, such as computers and mobile phones
- police-trained investigators who apprehend offenders and search premises
- accredited officers who can seize cash and get financial evidence so that assets of criminals can be confiscated
If a person is suspected of crime, we may:
- access their financial details to establish facts
- obtain and use search warrants to search premises
- arrest them
Any report of fraud or economic crime against us will be taken extremely seriously.