Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Action we can take
We take firm action to prevent, detect and deter fraud and other economic crime against us.
- contacts with national law enforcement agencies and access to systems that identify crime and offenders
- specially-trained experts who can recover evidence from electronic devices, such as computers and mobile phones
- police-trained investigators who apprehend offenders and search premises
- accredited officers who can seize cash and get financial evidence so that assets of criminals can be confiscated
If a person is suspected of crime, we may:
- access their financial details to establish facts
- obtain and use search warrants to search premises
- arrest them
Any report of fraud or economic crime against us will be taken extremely seriously.