Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection
Action we can take
We take firm action to prevent, detect and deter fraud and other economic crime against us.
- contacts with national law enforcement agencies and access to systems that identify crime and offenders
- specially-trained experts who can recover evidence from electronic devices, such as computers and mobile phones
- police-trained investigators who apprehend offenders and search premises
- accredited officers who can seize cash and get financial evidence so that assets of criminals can be confiscated
If a person is suspected of crime, we may:
- access their financial details to establish facts
- obtain and use search warrants to search premises
- arrest them
Strategy, policy and guidance
More information is included in strategy, policy and guidance documents.
- Counter-money laundering policy and strategy [pdf] 274KB
- Counter-fraud, bribery and corruption guidance [pdf] 355KB
Any report of fraud or economic crime against us will be taken extremely seriously.