Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Reporting fraud and other economic crime
Fraud and other economic crimes – such as theft, bribery, corruption and money laundering – cost the UK taxpayer billions of pounds each year.
If you suspect someone is committing fraud, report it.
Benefit fraud cases are investigated by the government's Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Contact the DWP if you suspect someone is committing benefit fraud:
: 0800 854 440 - National Benefit Fraud helpline
Other types of fraud
There are several types of fraud and economic crime that affect council services. You should let us know if you suspect someone is committing any of the following:
- housing tenancy fraud
- council tax fraud
- business rates fraud
- Blue Badge fraud for disabled parking
- social care fraud
- insurance fraud
- council employee and contractor fraud, bribery or corruption
- money laundering
We take action against anyone who commits these types of crime against us.
You can report anonymously using the form above, or contact us:
Counter fraud and investigationPO Box 1, Thurrock Council, New Road, Grays, RM17 6LT
Tel: 03000 999 111
Any report of fraud or economic crime against us will be taken extremely seriously.