Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
The Building Control Surveyors are committed to provide a responsive, efficient and friendly service, which represents value for money. They check that building work in the Borough complies with the legislation set out in the Building Act and the Building Regulations to ensure the health, safety and welfare of people within Castle Point. Details of the services provided by the Building Control Service are shown below.
- Building Regulations – plan examination and site inspections
- Dangerous structures and demolitions
- We encourage discussion prior to making a Building Regulation applications
Most building work requires consent under the provisions contained within the Building Regulations. Guidance on how to complying with the provisions can be found in the Approved Documents that support the Building Regulations. Link to the Approved Documents The Building Control Surveyors check plans and carry out site inspections to ensure that work complies with the requirements of the legislation. A charge is payable for the checking of plans and site inspections as it is the Governments intention that the service is self financing.
SITE VISITS MUST BE BOOKED 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE, THE ADDRESS AND BUILDING REGULATION REFERENCE NUMBER MUST BE PROVIDED.
SITE INSPECTIONS CAN BE REQUESTED BY TELEPHONE : 01268 882200, CHOOSE OPTION 5 OR BY EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
SITE INSPECTIONS CAN ALSO BE BOOKED VIA THE LABC APPLICATION https://www.labc.co.uk/homeowners/book-site-inspection
Any report of a dangerous structure will be inspected the same/next working day. All immediately dangerous structures will be either made safe or suitably fenced off as soon as possible.
Any notice of intention to demolish a building will be processed within 5 working days. A notice will always be issued to the applicant listing all necessary conditions. Site inspection and monitoring may be carried out if necessary.
Please see below guidance notes :
please see below demolition notice form :
Please click the link below for a list of monthly Building Control decisions
Please do not send applications via SUBMIT-A- PLAN,
Guidance on methods of complying with the requirements of the Building Regulations is available on the Planning Portal website.
For advice and guidance on electrical work please follow this link Electrical Work