Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection
Christmas is the time of year when the greatest amount waste is produced, so recycling as much as you can is even more important. Lets recycle more this Christmas.
- What additional items can I recycle over Chritmas?
- When are my recycling and refuse collections over Christmas?
- How do I report a missed collection over Christmas?
- Can you recycle my Christmas Tree?
- Can Christmas cards go in the pink sack recycling collection?
- Can wrapping paper be recycled?
- Can I get more pink/food waste/green waste sacks over Christmas?
What can be recycled?
|Wrapping Paper - for types see here|
|Christmas Cards & envelopes|
|All plastic bottles, trays & pots|
|All cardboard boxes & packaging|
|All biscuit & sweet tins (plastic & metal)|
|All foil wrapping & trays|
|All drink & food cans|
|All left over food waste/plate scrapings,|
|Turkey bones, carcass etc.|
|Vegetable peelings, stalks etc.|
|All glass bottles & jars|
What can't be recycled?
|Christmas Decorations, tinsel etc|
Please see the web calendar for more information:Back to Questions
- Check that you have presented the correct waste or recycling
- If you have been missed either telephone 01268 882265 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recycling your Christmas Tree this year could not be easier and cleaner!
Simply place your Christmas Tree out with your garden waste on your recycling collection day.
Real Christmas Trees only
Remove all decorations
No need to cut up the tree or put in sacks or bin
Yes all Christmas cards and envelopes can go in your pink recycling sack, as long as they do not have glitter on them.
Back to Questions
No - only paper-based wrapping paper can be recycled simply place this in your pink sack recycling.
All pink sacks are FREE
Collect pink sacks from:
You can purchase garden waste sacks and caddy liners from: