At the budget setting Council meeting earlier this year, it was decided that 2 rolls of Pink Sacks for recycling will be delivered to each household for annual delivery. Residents will need to supply their own black refuse sacks for non-recycling moving forwards.
See how you can recycle more and stop excess waste going to landfill: www.castlepoint.gov.uk/recycleright
Every residence in Castle Point has a black-bag collection. This service is ONLY for all NON-RECYCLABLE material and is collected fortnightly
Sometimes throwing things away can be confusing, but these items must always go in your rubbish and not your recycling.
All items must be presented within a black sack. Items that don’t fit in a sack will not be collected. Please see our Bulky Waste service for large items we can collect.
Residents will need to supply their own black refuse sacks for non-recycling moving forwards. You do not have to use the specific council supplied black sacks - you can use purchase sacks from any shop/online to present your waste in.
Some tips to reduce waste, save money and climate.
1. Plan your weekly shopping list and meals to maximise the produce you use and avoid throwing excess food away.
2. Make use of our weekly food waste collection service to ensure food waste stays out of black sacks.
3. Buy reusable and recyclable household items - ditch single-use plastics!
4. Check for the recycling logos on the packaging - you'd be surprised what can be recycled!
5. Donate or sell items you don't need, instead of throwing them away.
6. Use our textile collection service (blue sacks) as an alternative to throwing old clothes away.
7. Check what items you can take to your household recycling centre. E.g. electronic items, batteries, engine oil, metal, etc