How to present your waste correctly
Residents should always attempt to present their refuse & recycling correctly. Castle Point Borough Council (the Council) can require residents under Section 46 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to present their household waste for collection in line with the following requirements. Mis-presenting your waste may result in a Notice to Occupier and Fixed Penalty Notice, for £80.
1. Where to present your waste
a) Your property fronts a road
Present ALL refuse & recycling sacks, boxes, bins & caddies at boundary of your property.
b) Your property is on a walkway
Present refuse & pink sacks at your collection point. Boxes, bins & caddies at boundary of your property.
c) Collection day & time
Only the correct refuse & recycling should be presented on collection day, no earlier than evening prior to the collection day and by 7am on the day of collection. Your Refuse and Recycling remains the responsibility of the resident until it is collected even if scavenged
2. Presentation of Glass Recycling
a) All glass waste shall be presented in the Yellow Recycling Box
b) All glass waste shall be cleansed before being presented in the Yellow Recycling Box
c) No glass waste shall be presented in the Pink Sack, Black Sack, Garden Waste wheeled bin or green sack
3. Presentation of Garden Waste
a) Garden Waste will only be collected as follows:
- In one of the Council subscription service green waste wheeled bins
- In purchased Castle Point Borough Council green waste sacks
- Twigs, hedge trimmings, branches and logs not able to be put in a green waste wheeled bin or Castle Point Borough Council green waste sacks, should be cut to 1meter (3’) lengths and bundled together with either a Castle Point Borough Council green waste sack or bio degradable twine, maximum of two bundles per collection
b) Garden waste shall not be presented in black sacks as part of the fortnightly black sack collection
c) No garden waste shall be presented in the Pink Sack, Black Sack, Yellow bin or Food Waste Caddy
4. Presentation of Food Waste
a) All food waste shall be presented in the food waste caddy
b) No food waste shall be presented in the Pink Sack, Black Sack, Yellow Bin, Garden Waste wheeled bin or green sack
5. Presentation of Pink Sack
a) Only Paper, Card. Plastic and Cans can be placed in the Pink Recycling Sack
b) Food packaging shall be cleaned of any food prior to placing in Pink Recycling Sack
c) No Pink Sack recyclable item shall be presented in the Black Sack, Yellow Bin, Garden Waste wheeled bin or green sack
d) No nappies or sanitary items are to be placed in the Pink Recycling Sack
6. Presentation of Non-recyclable waste (Black sacks)
a) Only items not able to be presented in the Pink Sack, Yellow Bin, Food Caddy, Garden Waste Wheeled Bin or Green Sack shall be presented in the black sack.