Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Make your home warmer and your energy bills cheaper with a Green Homes Grant.
For eligible households, the government will provide a voucher up to £5,000 that covers up to two-thirds of the cost of energy efficiency and low carbon heat improvements to your home. See which improvements are included in the scheme below.
You may be able to receive a bigger grant if you are a homeowner and you or a member of your household receives one of the qualifying benefits. The government will cover 100% of the cost of the improvements up to £10,000.
The voucher must be used to install at least 1 primary measure. This can be an insulation measure and/or a low carbon heating measure.
- solid wall
- under floor
- cavity wall
- flat or pitched roof
- room in roof
- insulating a park home
Low carbon heat measures:
- air source, ground source or hybrid heat pump
- solar thermal
- biomass boilers
If you install at least 1 primary measure, your voucher can be used to help cover the cost of any of the following secondary measures:
- draught proofing
- double/triple glazing (where replacing single glazed windows)
- secondary glazing (in addition to single glazing)
- external energy efficient doors (replacing single glazed or solid doors installed before 2002)
- heating controls
- hot water tank thermostats and insulation
Check eligibility / Find installer
To check your eligibility for the grant and to find an improved installer, please visit greenhomesgrant.campaign.gov.uk
Energy Savings Trust
You can get free, impartial and expert advice about making your home more energy efficient from the Energy Savings Trust.
As they are experts in energy efficiency, they will be able to advise you on which energy saving measures are most suitable for your home. The link below will take you through to their website.
or alternatively, the below link may be of assistance