Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Private Sector Housing
We work to improve the health, safety and well-being of the residents in our borough in a number of ways:
- Investigate complaints of disrepair in privately rented accommodation
- Offer advice to private landlords
- Work with Basildon District Council and Occupational Health to provide means tested grants for those who need to make adaptations to their homes
- Work in partnership with Rochford District Council and the National Landlords Association to host forums for our landlords and agents
- License caravan sites
Please note: We do not investigate complaints relating to council properties or where there are private sector leasing agreements between private landlords and the Council. Please speak to your housing officer. If your landlord is a housing association you should use their complaints procedure before approaching us for assistance.