Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
Message from Mayor of Castle Point Councillor Colin Riley
From July 4th new changes on lockdown come into place. Pubs, bars and restaurants are able to open subject to government guidelines.
We want our residents to enjoy themselves but it is important we all act responsibly.
- Stay alert and stay safe to help prevent spreading the virus.
- Keep a safe distance from others and continue to wash your hands regularly.
If you do go to the pub, have fun but be sensible;show respect for others and do not do anything that puts you or other people at risk.
Private Sector Housing
We work to improve the health, safety and well-being of the residents in our borough in a number of ways:
- Investigate complaints of disrepair in privately rented accommodation
- Offer advice to private landlords
- Work with Basildon District Council and Occupational Health to provide means tested grants for those who need to make adaptations to their homes
- Work in partnership with Rochford District Council and the National Landlords Association to host forums for our landlords and agents
- License caravan sites
Please note: We do not investigate complaints relating to council properties or where there are private sector leasing agreements between private landlords and the Council. Please speak to your housing officer. If your landlord is a housing association you should use their complaints procedure before approaching us for assistance.