Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
We are aware of an issue in accessing the Castle Point Home Choice website – More information here
Private Sector Housing
We work to improve the health, safety and well-being of the residents in our borough in a number of ways:
- Investigate complaints of disrepair in privately rented accommodation
- Offer advice to private landlords
- Work with Basildon District Council and Occupational Health to provide means tested grants for those who need to make adaptations to their homes
- Work in partnership with Rochford District Council and the National Landlords Association to host forums for our landlords and agents
- License caravan sites
Please note: We do not investigate complaints relating to council properties or where there are private sector leasing agreements between private landlords and the Council. Please speak to your housing officer. If your landlord is a housing association you should use their complaints procedure before approaching us for assistance.