Country Park FAQ's


Do you have any leaflets about Hadleigh Park?

No. please contact Andrew Woodhouse, Parks Ranger on 01702 551072 for further information. Their website address is


How do I contact the Ramblers Association?

Please contact the Rochford and Castle Point Ramblers Association’s Secretary on 01268 786620.


I have a complaint relating to a Ditch or Dyke.

Please contact the Environment Agency Flood Defence team on 03708 506 506 as they are responsible for these.

Environment Agency web-site


I have an enquiry about Hadleigh Castle.

English Heritage is responsible for Hadleigh Castle, please contact them on 01799 522842 or contact Neil Cole on Mobile 07919165243 or visit English Heritage Website at


I have an enquiry about Hadleigh Park.

Essex County Council is responsible for this Park. The contact is Andrew Woodhouse, Parks Ranger on 01702 551072. Their website address is


I would like to inform you / complain about the litter or rubbish in a public place

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please contact us (including your name, telephone number and the location of the rubbish/litter - public place) , or telephone us on 01268 882200 so that we can take action.


Where is Canvey Heights Country Park?

Canvey Heights is situated off Creek Road, Canvey Island. Travel along the slip road that runs alongside Smallgains Hall / Pavilion, towards Smallgains Pond. There are 2 large entrance gates with small side gate clearly labelled ’Canvey Heights Country Park’. This is a new country park in the process of development.

AA route planner