Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Get help to tackle Anti-Social Behaviour
When reporting anti-social behaviour please have as much information to hand as you can as names, dates and times are all very useful if you have them.
Please see the Anti Social Behaviour (ASB) pages if the ASB relates to a property owned by Castle Point Borough Council, or a council tenant.
To report to the local Police you can either contact your Neighbourhood Policing team via the Essex Police website (link) or contact the Essex Police non-emergency number 101. If it is an emergency or you witness a serious crime please use the Essex Police emergency number 999.
To report to Castle Point Borough Council please contact the Community Safety Officer during officer hours on 01268 882461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If the problem is with a neighbour then we recommend that you try and talk to the neighbour to see if the problem can be sorted out between you.
Of course you should only take this action if you feel it is safe and appropriate to do so.
Once you have spoken to the neighbour, allow a reasonable time before doing anything more, to see if there is any improvement.
Actual or threatened violence and/or damage.
If the anti-social behaviour includes someone being:
- violent or threatening you with violence
- damaging or threatening damage to your property
You should contact the Essex Police immediately
We take any allegations and incidents of hate crime very seriously and we will try and help any resident who is a victim of hate crime.
If you are the victim of any hate crime you should contact Essex Police immediately.
If the problem is noise nuisance please report this in the first instance to our First Contact Team on 01268 882200
Youth Nuisance and other problems
Any other reports of anti social behaviour e.g. youth nuisance can be reported to the Community Safety Officer with details of the problem.