Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Hadleigh Bowls Club
Hadleigh Bowls Club
The club was founded in 1930 and has been at its present location in John Burrows Recreation Ground, Rectory Road, Hadleigh since the early 1960’s
It is a fully mixed club with opportunities for ladies and gents to take an active part in the life of the club. We play outdoors in the summer months from May to the end of September and indoor short mat in the winter. We have 6 excellent outdoors rinks and a dedicated indoor short mat hall with 2 mats.
We run several internal leagues, both indoors and outdoors, some for ladies, some for gents and some mixed. We also have several internal competitions where members can compete for trophies and we play friendly matches against other clubs, both home and away.
Some of our more competitive members take part in external leagues and competitions, in which we do rather well.
We always welcome new members, and if you are interested in coming along to see us, please look at our website
We only accept new members who will play outside and inside, not short mat-only players.
- We do not charge a joining fee but our annual subscription is, at present £50 per year.
- There is an annual charge to pay to the council for a season ticket to play outside which is was £90 for over 65’s and £140 for under 65’s.
- Sometimes, especially if it is charity match, £2 is charged for a match.
- Members pay £1.50 every time they play in a short mat fixture.
- Bowling shoes and the correct clothing will also be needed.
- Men: grey trousers, white shirts or club polo shirts, white sweater, white hat. On special ‘white’ days, white trousers are needed. Flat bowling shoes are needed too.
- Ladies: Grey trousers/bowling skirts, white collared blouses/club polo shirts, white sweater/cardigan, white hat and flat bowling shoes. On special ‘white’ days, white trousers/skirts are needed.
If you are interested in trying your hand at bowling to see if you would like to take up the sport, please either visit our website or contact me, Marilyn Easter, the General Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be interested in coming along to one of our taster days held at 10am on the last Saturday in April each year. You’ll be made very welcome.