Reduced Services

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.

Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, our operating hours remain unchanged.

You are still able to access services and information from the website 24/7 and via email and phone during operating hours.

For information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19), and to volunteer to help in your community, please see our Coronavirus information page.

For information on our services, including waste collections, please see our Service update and information page

For information on businesses and business rates, please see our Business advice page


Loud Music and Parties

Living in urban areas can sometimes mean you have to live in close quarters with other people. This can lead to problems if your neighbours are not as considerate as you are.

Constant noise problem - complaint

However, if the noise is a constant problem or is affecting your day to day life, you may have cause for complaint.

The Service could serve on those responsible for the noise a legal notice under the Environmental Protection Act 1990. This means that they could be fined up to £5,000 and have their equipment seized.

In severe cases we will help the police and your noisy neighbours could get and ASBO or be evicted.

Own action

Sometimes noise is a problem because of poor insulation between houses. There is little that the council can do in this case however, you may be able to take your own action.

Contact Environmental Health

Contact us